By Monica Zeloski
- 1/2 cup of chopped onion
- 2 Tbsp of butter or margarine
- 2 Tbsp of flour
- 1-1/4 cup of milk
- 1 cup of sharp shredded cheese
- 6 hard cooked eggs, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups of crumbled potato chips
- 10-12 slices of bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
Cook onion in butter until tender, but not brown. Blend in flour; add milk. Cook, stirring constantly until mizture thickens. Add cheese, stir to melt.
Place a layer of egg slices in a 10 x 6-1/2 baking dish. Cover with half the cheese sauce, half the potato chips and half the bacon. Repeat layer.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for about 30 minutes.