What it is...
A 16%-protein high-calcium ration formulated for top-producing laying birds once they reach 18 weeks of age.
This SunFresh® Recipe diet takes “natural” to a whole new level by using only the freshest, highest quality sun-grown grains and plant proteins to give birds the wholesome, healthy goodness and fresh taste they deserve. Made from natural plant-based ingredients FREE of all animal proteins and fats, Purina Mills® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe contains all the quality nutrients laying hens need to produce lots of strong-shelled, healthy, golden-yolked eggs.
| FEATURES|| BENEFITS|
| SunFresh® Recipe||Natural Plant Proteins|
FREE of all animal proteins and fats for healthy, happy birds.
| Superior Nutrition||Great Appearance and Healthy Eggs|
Consistent superior nutrition for great-looking birds with wholesome eggs.
| Essential Amino Acids||Strong Healthy Birds with Lots of Eggs|
Enhanced with lysine and methionine to give birds the healthy nutrients they need to produce plenty of tasty eggs.
| Exclusive Level of Marigold Extract||For Rich Yellow Yolks|
A high level of xanthophyll, a natural coloring agent derived from marigolds, produces deep yellow egg yolks.
| Key Levels of Calcium and Manganese||Strong Shells with Fewer Cracks|
Top levels of calcium and manganese strengthen shells to increase the number of eggs that reach the kitchen.
| Proprietary Level of Vitamin A||Strong Reproduction and Overall Health|
A high level of Vitamin A helps birds produce plenty of healthy chicks.
| Key Level of Vitamin E||Supports a Healthy Immune System|
A high level of Vitamin E helps birds ward off disease.
| Certified Natural||Your Assurance of Quality – It’s Nutrition You Can Trust|
Our guarantee that this is the very best feed providing safe, natural nutrition for poultry.
Feed Form: Pellets or Crumbles or Mash (regional availability)
How and When to Feed:
- Feed Purina Mills® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and fancy and exotic breeds) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina Mills® Layena® SunFresh® Recipe is best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina Mills® Layena SunFresh® Recipe can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.
A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Actual results can vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area free from rodents and insects. Never use moldy or insect-infested feed.
| Guaranteed Analysis |
| Protein, not less than|| 16.0%|
| Lysine, not less than|| 0.55%|
| Methionine, not less than|| 0.25%|
| Fat, not less than|| 2.5%|
| Fiber, not more than|| 7.0%|
| Calcium, not less than|| 3.25%|
| Calcium, not more than|| 4.25%|
| Phosphorus, not less than|| 0.5%|
| Salt, not less than|| 0.3%|
| Salt, not more than|| 0.8%|
| Vitamin A|| 3,000 IU/lb|
| Vitamin E|| 10.5 IU/lb|
ANIMAL PROTEIN- AND FAT-FREE. Contact your local manufacturing plant for a current feed tag.
Quality Controlled by Purina Mills® Research