What It Is...
A chance to give your flock something they truly enjoy would be reason enough to try Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets poultry feed made with whole grain. You’ll love watching them eat it up!
But it’s what you can’t see that makes Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 poultry feed truly unique. It’s made with flaxseed, which not only supports a healthy flock, but also provides enhanced nutrients in their eggs. While a typical egg provides a mere 65mg of Omega-3 fatty acids, an egg produced by healthy poultry fed exclusively on Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 poultry feed contains 200mg of Omega-3.
And like all Purina® SunFresh® Recipe poultry feeds, you can rest assured Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 poultry feed contains no added hormones, antibiotics, animal fat or animal by-products. Just wholesome goodness for a delicious, homegrown egg.
| FEATURES|| BENEFITS|
| Formulated to produce 200mg Omega-3 per large egg*||300% more Omega-3 than a typical egg!|
| Natural vegetarian formula without added antibiotics or hormones||Peace-of-mind – feed your birds like you feed your family|
| Superior Nutrition||Strong healthy birds lay plenty of wholesome eggs|
| Select level of marigold extract||Rich golden yolks.|
| Key levels of calcium and manganese||Strong shells with fewer cracks|
| Optimized level of Vitamin E||Supports a healthy immune system|
*When fed a diet of Layena® Plus Omega-3 exclusively for at least 3 weeks. Based on large egg (50g). Results may vary with factors such as total diet and hen health.
Feed Form: Pellets
How and When to Feed:
- Feed Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets free-choice as the sole ration to free-range and confined laying chickens (including backyard egg producers, small to medium breeds and show and ornamentals) after 18 weeks of age and throughout the laying cycle.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets are best fed one month before hens begin to lay, but not any earlier than 18 weeks of age.
- Purina® Layena® Plus Omega-3 pellets can be fed to both adult male and female chickens, ducks, geese and turkeys.
- Always provide shelter and a constant supply of fresh, clean water.
- Consumption will vary depending upon season of the year, nutritional needs of the animals and availability of other foods.
A feeding program is only as effective as the management practices. Actual results can vary depending upon feed intake, environmental conditions and the quality of management practices.
Store in a dry, well-ventilated area protected from rodents and insects. Do not feed moldy or insect-infested feed to animals as it may cause illness, performance loss or death.
| Guaranteed Analysis |
| Crude Protein, not less than|| 16.0%|
| Lysine, not less than|| 0.70%|
| Methionine, not less than|| 0.30%|
| Crude Fat, not less than|| 3.25%|
| Crude Fiber, not more than|| 6.0%|
| Calcium, not less than|| 3.60%|
| Calcium, not more than|| 4.60%|
| Phosphorus, not less than|| 0.59%|
| Salt (NaCl), not less than|| 0.20%|
| Salt (NaCl), not more than|| 0.70%|
| Sodium (Na), not less than|| 0.10%|
| Sodium (Na), not more than|| 0.60%|
| Manganese, not less than|| 160 ppm|
| Omega-3 Fatty Acids, not less than|| 1.10%|
| Ash, not more than|| 14.50%|
FREE FROM ADDED ANIMAL PROTEINS OR ANIMAL FATS. Contact your local manufacturing plant for a current feed tag.
Quality Controlled by Purina Mills® Research